Thermal Power Analyst
We're looking for a Thermal Power Analyst to join our Trading Operations team.
Location: Dublin City Centre
Salary: Competitive package negotiable and commensurate with experience.
ElectroRoute is seeking a Thermal Power Analyst with outstanding credentials to join the Trading Operations team at ElectroRoute’s Dublin Headquarters.
The Trading Operations team at ElectroRoute manages the physical trading of 1.1GW of assets in Ireland and the UK and comprises a 24*7 trading desk and a dedicated trading analytical team.
The Thermal Power Analyst will join the analytical team to provide in-depth knowledge and analytical support for the Irish/UK power markets. This role requires a close working relationship with the 24*7 trading desk, the analytical team and ElectroRoute’s Clients.
The Role of the Energy Analyst will include:
- Support trading decisions for thermal clients by providing accurate power and gas market analysis
- Fundamental analysis of Irish/UK power markets.
- Engaging with clients to provide high quality, practical solutions in a timely manner.
- Improving upon in-house fundamental market models for day-ahead and balancing markets.
- Performing competitor bidding analysis.
- Developing and supporting in-house analytical tools for the power market and the trading desk. For example, but not limited to, fundamental analysis, stack and supply demand modelling and price forecasting.
The Successful Candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Power system and market domain knowledge in Ireland and UK including the gas market and its underlying drivers.
- Previous analytical and energy market modelling experience.
- Familiarity with using large datasets and querying SQL databases
- The ability to analyse and interpret large data sets using Python or other such languages.
- Experience in some or all of the following: Statistics (esp. Time Series Analysis), Machine Learning, Optimization, Trading Strategy Development.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a trading environment.
- Innovative thinker, with strong analytical skills: an ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- A desire to solve the commercial challenges of our decarbonising energy systems
Competitive package negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Dublin City Centre
ElectroRoute is a dynamic and fast-growing energy trading and services company. Currently active in the international trade of electricity across Ireland, the UK, and 7 other EU markets, the company’s ambitious growth plans will see its trade grow significantly in international jurisdictions in the coming years. ElectroRoute believes that rigorous mathematical analysis combined with expert industry knowledge can deliver significant improvements to decision making in the markets. To achieve its ambitions ElectroRoute wishes to continue to grow its high calibre team and is currently seeking exceptional individuals to join us on our journey in changing how the energy marketplace works.
Closing date: 30th March 2020
If you wish to apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.