Front Office Decision Support Developer x2
We're looking for two Front Office Decision Support Developers to join our team.
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Salary: Competitive package negotiable and commensurate with experience.
ElectroRoute is seeking to hire 2 (two) Front Office Decision Support Developers to take on significant tasks related to organising, sourcing, developing and structuring data gathering and management across our enterprise whilst meeting the immediate day to day requirements of our Front Office Trading Departments. Reporting to the Data Solutions Architect, the successful candidates will be responsible for assisting in the design of robust data gathering, sourcing, persisting and managing infrastructure, and software across ElectroRoute’s entire businesses. They will also be accountable to the Heads of our Trading Businesses, for delivery of ad-hoc requests related to data visualisation, data gathering and data analysis to assist in the building and maintenance of trading decision support solutions which enable our businesses to trade.
This role will afford the successful candidate outstanding career development prospects, and the opportunity to be instrumental in driving ElectroRoute’s growth through the support
ElectroRoute is a dynamic and fast-growing energy trading and services company. Currently active in the international trade of commodities from power, gas, oil and and green certificates in Ireland, Europe and Japan, the company’s ambitious growth plans will see it trade in several more international jurisdictions in the coming years. To achieve its ambitions ElectroRoute wishes to continue to grow its high calibre team and is currently seeking exceptional individuals to join us on our journey in changing how the energy marketplace works.
The Role of the Data Solutions Developer Requires:
- Helping to design efficient data structures to store market, industry and other company data
- Maintaining, supporting and further developing the company’s suite of data gathering and data loading tools
- Supporting the above and ensuring complete datasets of a high quality
- Managing the company’s data presentation layers and visualisation tools e.g. Tableau, Cognos etc.
- Ensuring data integrity, accessibility and security
- Understanding and supporting in a timely manner, data requests from Front, Middle and Back Office, prioritising requests according to known and understood data criticality criteria
- Working pro-actively with Front Office to front run the generation of Trading Decision Support Tools and support requests, and to respond in a timely and appropriate manner to Front Office Development requests.
|Advanced (or higher)||SQL, Python or Powershell, Windows/Linux, MySQL or MariaDB,|
Source control systems
|Intermediate (or higher)||Excel VBA|
AWS or Azure
Django Web framework
NVD3, AJAX, HTTPD web services
Stored Procedure Development
|Nice to have||Docker, Ansible, W3 semantic, Spark, AWS Lambda, Heroku, Blazor|
- Experience of Cloud Services e.g. AWS/Azure/Google Cloud/Openstack, in relation to databases as a service, migration tools, EC2 instances, development in cloud native technologies
- Experience working in a time sensitive, IT technical role for Front, Middle, Back Office in a trading environment.
- Ability to play a significant role in developing new coded solutions and maintaining existing production systems across the range of ElectroRoute platforms and technologies, including delivering and implementing changes in a complex production environment
- Good understanding of RDBMS technologies and how they interact in trading environments and in the cloud, ETL processes, tools, methodologies
- Ability to prioritise issues in a time sensitive environment
- Ability and willingness to take full ownership and responsibility for issues raised, project work, from start to finish of the issue or project work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with traders, quantitative analysts, other software developers and back and middle office users
- Flexible and eager to apply best practice software solutions to practical issues and problems facing users in energy trading markets
- Working closely with business teams to come up with solutions to recurring problems as well as playing the lead role in delivering incremental system developments
- Self-starter, with a strong interest in new and emerging technologies and an aptitude for learning new technologies
The Successful Candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Primary degree in a technical field such as engineering, computer science, natural sciences, economics or finance from a leading university
- Diligence with an attention to detail, particularly in relation to documentation for processes and procedures (creating and maintaining Knowledge Base, run books, topology etc)
- Expert user of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel with VBA
- Post-graduate degree(s) and/or Diplomas in specialisations related to IT, mathematics or data sciences
- Knowledge of power trading and commodities systems, energy industry and/or commodity markets
- Knowledge of Energy Trading and Risk Management Systems and/or implementations, commodity scheduling systems
- Familiarity with requirements and specifics of front/middle/back office and deal flow in a time sensitive trading environment
Competitive package negotiable and commensurate with experience.
First Floor, Marconi House, Digges Lane, Dublin 2. Ireland
Closing date: 11th October 2019
If you wish to apply for this role please email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org