Energy Trader (Trainee)
We're looking for an individual with outstanding academic credentials to contribute to a range of activities right across the company.
Location: Dublin, Ireland
ElectroRoute is seeking to hire a Trainee Energy Trader with outstanding academic credentials to contribute to a range of activities right across the company. The role will involve initial training and integration into the company’s shift-trading team. ElectroRoute is a small company but has excellent growth prospects, affording the successful candidate outstanding career development opportunities.
ElectroRoute, a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation, is a dynamic and fast-growing energy trading and services company. The company was founded in 2011 and has a presence across nine European countries. We are active in the international trade of electricity, gas, oil and related commodities in Ireland, UK, and Continental Europe and our ambitious growth plans will see us trade in further international jurisdictions in the coming years. To achieve its ambitions, ElectroRoute wishes to continue to grow its high calibre team and is currently seeking exceptional individuals to join us on our journey in changing how the energy marketplace works.
The Role of the Trainee Energy Trader will include:
- Formal and informal training on power systems, energy markets and company systems and processes over a period of 4-6 months.
- Gradual involvement in elements of company trading operations and shadowing of other traders.
- On successful completion of the training period, the candidate will assume full participation in the company trading operations.
- They will be responsible for identifying and capturing real-time market opportunities in both the Irish and GB electricity markets.
- The successful candidate will be required to participate in the company shift rota which will involve working outside of normal operating hours.
- As the company expands operations the successful candidate may be expected to develop further skills in other areas of the energy trading sector.
The Successful Candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Primary degree in a technical field such as engineering, computer science, natural sciences, economics or finance from a leading university.
- Basic knowledge of programming and databases.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Diligence with an attention to detail.
- Comfortable working with large volumes of data in a structured environment.
- Flexible and eager to learn the material in new fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator.
Additional elements which are desirable for the role include:
- Postgraduate degree (Masters/PhD) in a relevant technical field.
- Knowledge of power systems, energy industry or commodity markets.
- In-depth knowledge of IT systems, programming and databases.
- Full clean driver’s licence.
Competitive package negotiable and commensurate with experience.
First Floor, Marconi House, Digges Lane, Dublin 2. Ireland
If you wish to apply for this role, please email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org