ElectroRoute is an independent energy trading and services company, established in 2011. Our mission is to bring our pioneering spirit and precision analysis to liberalise the energy markets of Ireland, Great Britain and Continental Europe.
In 2016, we became part of the Mitsubishi Corporation family, who have brought with them a wealth of innovation and global energy experience which is allowing us to enhance and grow our client base and service offerings. We became an electricity supplier to large-scale users in Great Britain in 2018, working alongside customers and TPIs to provide clean, reliable energy to the GB market.
Over 1GWof assets under management
24/7trading operations for over 7 years
€659mtrading turnover 2017/2018
13 millionMWh traded in 2017
Activein 10 energy markets
Our dedicated team are passionate about energy trading and its services. They bring experience and commitment to ElectroRoute, which helps us build on our reputation as a responsive trading company with valuable market insights.
Our Company Values
Our desire to provide unsurpassed quality and excellence is what drives us to succeed. We have a strong ethical approach to our work and an insatiable inquisitiveness which keeps us on top of the ever-evolving energy space.
Understanding and appreciating what we have in life is an important perspective for everyone. Each year ElectroRoute aims to support charitable causes that efficiently aid those less fortunate.
ElectroRoute in 2011
ElectroRoute is established by its founding members; Ronan Doherty PhD, Alan Mullane PhD, Alex Bryson, Eamonn O’Donoghue MBA and Bernie Fitzpatrick FCA
ElectroRoute in 2012
- ElectroRoute completes its first Power Trade
- ElectroRoute completes its first Financial Trade
- ElectroRoute enters into the British Market
ElectroRoute in 2013
- ElectroRoute’s team of dedicated professionals expands
- ElectroRoute enter into the Dutch Market
- David Franklin is appointed to the Board of Directors
ElectroRoute in 2014
- Caoimhe Giblin, Head of Client Services, joins ElectroRoute
- ElectroRoute completes its first German Power Trade
- ElectroRoute enters into the French and Italian Market
ElectroRoute in 2015
- ElectroRoute passes 500MW of assets under management
- ElectroRoute completes its first Gas Trade
- ElectroRoute completes its 100,000th exchange trade
ElectroRoute in 2016
- ElectroRoute agrees on a major new partnership with Mitsubishi Corporation
- ElectroRoute relocates HQ to Dublin city centre
- ElectroRoute’s team of dedicated professionals expands to 40 employees
ElectroRoute in 2017
- ElectroRoute structures and manages the energy trading activities for the Microsoft and GE PPA
- ElectroRoute establishes Great Britain supply business, led by Tim Foster PhD
ElectroRoute in 2018
- ElectroRoute’s team of dedicated professionals expands to 65 employees
- ElectroRoute grows to 1.1GW of assets under management in I-SEM
- ElectroRoute starts supplying Industrial, Commercial and SME sites in Great Britain and signs first PPAs with solar and wind farm generators
Electroroute in 2019
ElectroRoute awarded ‘Outstanding Contribution Award’ at the inaugural Irish Wind Industry Awards.